Friday, February 26, 2010

Have no fear Mackenzie is here

Feb 23rd 6:48PM Mackenzie was born!

After almost 28 hours of labor, some of them very hard, Mac was pulled into this unforgiving world by a "Mity-vac". Who knew all those jokes about grabbing the Shop-vac and gettin' it done would be a reality? She came out 8lbs 9oz and 21in long.

IMAG0005-1

What an amazing thing, at least that was what I was told. I booked it when she was coming out. Come on don't make that face, I stayed for the pushing and all the "clean" stuff. I figure the last thing I need to see is six people and shop equipment, between my wifes legs, trying to pull something out. Not to mention all the kings men putting humpty dumpty back together again. I waited outside the room and when I walked in I was greeted with a glowing wife and beautiful baby girl. The only hiccup was that Mac has a cleft palate. The first thought was 'will she be able to breast feed'? This hasn't been an issue and Mac is breast feeding as I type this, Phew. One thing I hope to acomplish with this blog is to document how she gets along with her cleft and the process for fixing it. Like I told my sister, we live in California so what's the big deal with plastic surgery before the girl is one, you have to start them sometime. By the way as I update I will probably joke about her "funny lookin' lip", if that offends you get over yourself! Well, thats all for now.

IMAG0012.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment